POSITION: Analyst, Investment Strategy Group (Special Opportunities)
REPORTS TO: Director, Investment Strategy
With over $22 billion under direct supervision, and recognized as one of the Top 50 Wealth Managers, Hirtle Callaghan has become one of America’s fastest growing investment firms. Known as “Wall Street idealists” for combining performance intensity with a genuine fiduciary ethos, Hirtle Callaghan Chief Investment Officers deliver a unique, top-down approach to asset management that emphasizes the significance of strategy and risk management at every step of the investment process.
Now in its 26th year, Hirtle Callaghan sets a higher standard of service to the investment market by offering complete objectivity, as well as the insight and discipline of a professional Chief Investment Officer, supported by a fully staffed investment department – an approach previously available to only the largest, multi-billion dollar family groups and institutions.
The Analyst (Special Opportunities) is responsible for supporting the investment strategy team on analyzing, documenting, and monitoring special opportunity investments across the traditional, hedge, and private equity asset class opportunity set. The candidate will have 1-3 years of experience with some or all of the following:
Building and analyzing business/investment valuation models
Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
Corporate Credit Analysis
Structured Credit Analysis
Corporate Financial Analysis
The Investment Strategy (Special Opportunities) role is based in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.
- Develops and maintains cost of capital assumptions.
- Builds valuation models.
- Creates, updates and reviews investment documentation
- Conducts investment reviews and updates
- Prepares and updates customized presentations, reports, and reviews
- Develops and maintains cash flow schedules
- Maintains records on investments
- Conducts ad hoc financial analyses as needed and participates in investment team projects as required.
- Character - Exhibits integrity, professionalism, practical judgment, positive attitude at all times; exhibits perseverance, mental toughness and initiative in the face of problems and challenges; must be able to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
- Interpersonal Confidence - Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships.
- Results Oriented - Drives the team and the organization for results in order to improve performance; able to make timely or planned decisions appropriate to the circumstances or situation.
- Managing Processes - Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow.
- Team Work - Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, yet work as a member of a team; willing to put firm’s objectives ahead of individual goals;
- Communication - Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are necessary; excellent listening skills required.
- Service skills - Ability to understand and act upon the needs of the Investment Group, clients and other stakeholders, and take all necessary action; be proactive and responsive to all service issues; follow through all problems/issues to completion
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 1 to 5 years experience, preferably in a brokerage, trust bank, or investment advisory environment
- Progress towards a CFA charter or equivalent
- Strong financial accounting and analysis skills
- Advanced excel skills; familiarity with MS Office applications and ability to effectively utilize on-line reporting systems and resources.
Hirtle, Callaghan & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer