Director, Investment Officers
With over $24 billion under direct supervision, and recognized as one of the Top 50 Wealth Managers, Hirtle Callaghan has become one of America’s fastest growing investment firms. Known as “Wall Street idealists” for combining performance intensity with a genuine fiduciary ethos, Hirtle Callaghan Chief Investment Officers deliver a unique, top-down approach to asset management that emphasizes the significance of strategy and risk management at every step of the investment process.
Now in its 26th year, Hirtle Callaghan sets a higher standard of service to the investment market by offering complete objectivity, as well as the insight and discipline of a professional Chief Investment Officer, supported by a fully staffed investment department – an approach previously available to only the largest, multi-billion dollar family groups and institutions.
Hirtle Callaghan is seeking a senior level investment management professional with 10+ years’ of relevant experience who will sell and remain the relationship manager for institutional client portfolios (endowments, foundations, healthcare organizations and/or pension funds) and those of families for outsourced CIO mandates. The Hirtle Callaghan Investment Officer role requires well developed technical knowledge of all asset classes (all long-only equities, fixed income, hedge funds and PE), consultative sales skills, strong relationship and client facing skills. Investment Officers are self-motivated, detail oriented, and intellectually curious.
The Investment Officer role requires travel 2-3 days a week as well as the ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Articulates investment concepts and processes to audiences with widely varying levels of investment knowledge.
- Establishes, builds and sustains assigned prospect/client relationships through idea generation, which positions the firm as a capable, creative and trusted advisor
- Commands a thorough understanding of a prospect’s/client’s strategy, industry position and success drivers, to support strategic recommendations. Understands the prospect’s/client’s needs, both short and long term, and is familiar with decision processes and decision makers.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to research and analyze complex prospect/client situations to develop a comprehensive solution. Articulates and documents the solution to achieve buy in.
- Promotes and independently manages both the implementation and maintenance of the investment solution through frequent meetings and discussions covering investment strategy, performance, and market developments.
- Works closely with clients, consultants (as necessary), internal team members, operations and support professionals in the ongoing management of the client relationship.
- Demonstrates knowledge of firm and industry in providing solutions that address client needs.
- Identifies, pursues and participates in winning priority business opportunities.
- Creates a strategy to cover/prioritize the corporate marketplace prospects.
- Records and documents all communications activities for ongoing follow-up.
- Maintain, update and prioritize database of clients/contacts
Character - Exhibits integrity, professionalism, practical judgment, positive attitude at all times; exhibits perseverance, mental toughness and initiative in the face of problems and challenges; must be able to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
Interpersonal Confidence - Strong interpersonal skills; effectively communicates and relates to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships.
Results Oriented - Drives the team and the organization for results in order to improve performance; able to make timely or planned decisions appropriate to the circumstances or situation.
Managing Processes - Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow.
Team Work - Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, yet work as a member of a team; willing to put firm’s objectives ahead of individual goals; treat colleagues with respect and courtesy.
Communication - Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are necessary; excellent listening skills required.
Service skills - Ability to understand and act upon the needs of the Investment Group, clients and other stakeholders, and take all necessary action; be proactive and responsive to all service issues; follow through all problems/issues to completion.
Organizational Ability - Can manage people and resources to prioritize and get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree (i.e., MBA) or certifications (i.e., CFA or CPA) preferred.
- 10+ years of successful prospecting and client development experience (preferably with high net worth private clients) in brokerage, private banking, investment management marketing, or investment consulting.
- Comprehensive capital markets and economics literacy required.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial attitude, self-starter, drive and ambition are essential.
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications and ability to utilize on-line reporting systems.
Hirtle, Callaghan & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer